Chilworth Manor House
From The Muniment Room, a resource for social history, family history, and local history.
Chilworth House, also known as Chilworth Lodge and Chilworth Manor, was a mansion house on the Chilworth Estate and a principal seat of the Willis Fleming family in the 19th and 20th centuries. In 1872, the Chilworth household cost £4,000 pa to run, including keeping the game.
John Willis Fleming and family moved out of Chilworth House to Stoneham Park House in 1913; they returned to live at Chilworth in Feb 1924, and stayed there until 1944. Chilworth Manor was sold in 1946.
Tenants of Chilworth House
- Hon. Richard George Quinn (-1843)
- Williamson (-c1853)
- George Atherley (1853)
- Richard Pink for John Brown Willis Fleming (1863-)
- John Smith Moreton (1913-1925)
- Estimate of costs of running Chilworth House and farm, 1872
- Letter of John Willis Fleming to George Atherley, 11 Feb 1853
- Description of Chilworth Manor, 1870
- Letter fragment from a servant boy at Chilworth
- Detail of Schedule between John Brown Willis Fleming and Richard Pink
|This article is a stub. You can help The Muniment Room by expanding it.|