From The Muniment Room, a resource for social history, family history, and local history.
Bassett Green village, also known as Old Bassett, Bastards Lane End, Bassett Lane End, was a village or hamlet on the Stoneham Estate, at the southern end of North Stoneham Common.
In 1939, the Estate leased land for an air raid warden's shelter. The village green was sold by the Estate in 1963.
- ↑ Lease of land at Bassett Green for use as an Air Raid Warden's shelter, 1939 (WFMS:2359 )
- ↑ Copy conveyance of the village green at Bassett Green, 1963 (WFMS:2207 )