From The Muniment Room, a resource for social history, family history, and local history.North Stoneham on the Stoneham Estate. It was probably formerly known as Weston's Farm.
The farm was named after the copyholder Richard Channell. Richard Channell's son John was admitted as the copyhold tenant in 1748. Richard Channell had previously been a joint holder with the Weston family since at least 1730. A Court Baron in November 1782 recorded the death of John Channell, and the passing of the copyhold to John Fleming the Lord.
Tenants of Channels Farm
- Richard Channell
- John Channell (c.1748-1782), son of above
- A Hinuber Esq (1837)
- William Priddle (1859, 1861, 1872)
- Agnes Powel (1891), occupier
- Charles Sheppard (1901, 1913)
References and notes
- ↑ See: North Stoneham - the manorial courts
- ↑ Court Baron of North Stoneham Manor, 26 Jan 1748, recorded in Court book for the manors of Romsey Extra, Romsey Infra, and North Stoneham, 1743-1782
- ↑ Survey of the manor of North Stoneham, 1730 (WFMS:195 | HRO 102M71/M7)
- ↑ Court Baron of North Stoneham Manor, 12 Nov 1782, recorded in Court book for the manors of Romsey Extra, Romsey Infra, and North Stoneham, 1743-1782
- ↑ Auction of the North Stoneham Estate, 15 May 1953; Copy conveyance of Channels Farm, 1953 (WFMS:1985 )
- ↑ Trust deed to bar entail, 1837 (WFMS:208 | HRO 102M71/T11)
- ↑ 1861 Census. Priddle is described as a farmer of 107 acres employing 3 men and 3 boys.
- ↑ 1891 Census
- ↑ 1901 Census
|This article about a farm on the Fleming Estate is in need of expansion. You can help The Muniment Room by adding to it.|